- Mouth guard
- Neck protector
- Shoulder pads
- Elbow pads
- Hockey Pants (aka Breezers)
- Shin guards
- Hockey socks
- Feet socks
- Skate guards
- Hockey Tape
- Water bottle
- Hockey Sticks (bring a backup)
- Extra skate laces
- Clean clothes to change into afterwards
- Pucks! (v important)
If you're going outdoors to play pond hockey, don't forget:
- Winter gear: scarf, thin gloves to wear inside hockey gloves, etc.
- Extra layers: socks, long shirt, etc.
- Tissues, hand warmers, chap stick, etc.
- Goal or shooting targets
- Folding chairs or bench
If you don't have a pond, you can consider Building a backyard rink too.
Safety Tip: Be sure to check the ice depth before skating on any frozen body of water.